2010 gubernatorial press releases
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2010 gubernatorial press release (number of quotes indicated):
- Brad Henry (1) Oklahoma Previously Democratic Governor
- Brian Sandoval (1) Nevada Republican Governor
- Dave Heineman (2) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Joe Manchin III (1) West Virginia Former Democratic Governor (Until 2010)
- John Rockefeller (1) Democratic Sr Senator (retiring 2014) West Virginia
- Linda Lingle (2) Hawaii Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Lisa Murkowski (1) Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Rick Perry (1) Texas Republican Governor
- Robert Bentley (1) Alabama Republican Governor
- Scott Walker (6) Wisconsin Republican Governor
- Sean Parnell (1) Alaska Republican Governor
- Steve Beshear (2) Kentucky Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dave Heineman: Signs informed consent Legislation.
Budget & Economy|
Brad Henry: Our investments in Sooner State made recession better.
Linda Lingle: Civil unions are same-sex marriage by another name.
Steve Beshear: Will veto a bill that would ban gay marriage in KY.
Sean Parnell: Constitutionally protected Higher Ed scholarship fund.
Steve Beshear: High national rankings shows that education is good in KY.
Scott Walker: Supports charter schools and choice, not one-size-fits-all.
Rick Perry: No "Race to the Top" funding; too many strings attached.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Manchin III: No regulation of greenhouse gases by EPA.
John Rockefeller: No regulation of greenhouse gases by EPA.
Lisa Murkowski: No regulation of greenhouse gases by EPA.
Scott Walker: Supports using traditional energy sources.
Scott Walker: Delist wolf & implement land use policy that benefit people.
Families & Children|
Robert Bentley: Supports relief for families who cannot afford their houses.
Brian Sandoval: Supports lawsuits against Obama health care bill.
Scott Walker: The private sector, not mandates, will fix healthcare.
Linda Lingle: State QUEST program instead of ObamaCare.
Scott Walker: Supports AZ's immigration law and no benefits for illegals.
Dave Heineman: End Medicaid services for illegal immigrants.
Scott Walker: Pulled plug on light rail; fix roads and bridges instead.
The above quotations are from 2010 gubernatorial press releases.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- A Governor`s Story, by Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Oct, 2005
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Senatorial Press Releases, 2010's
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Apr 20, 2014