Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2017 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2017 VA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Ed Gillespie (1) Virginia Republican 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Frank Wagner (1) Virginia Republican
- Jack Ciattarelli (5) New Jersey Republican
- Ralph Northam (14) Virginia Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Rob Wittman (2) Virginia Republican 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Terry McAuliffe (2) Virginia Democratic Challenger
- Tim Kaine (1) Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
- Tom Perriello (3) Virginia Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2017 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Fauquier Times, "McAuliffe signs 11 solar, other renewable energy bills," May 8, 2017
- The American Prospect, "Northam Aims For the Governor's Mansion," by Manuel Madrid, May 3, 2017
- Washington Times, "Northam prepares to face Perriello," by Seth McLaughlin, May 2, 2017
- Roanoke Times, "Perriello proposes higher taxes on wealthy," by Graham Moomaw, Apr 28, 2017
- Washington Post, "Frank Wagner gets his moment," by Norman Leahy, April 14, 2017
- Mecklenburg Sun, "Pot decriminalization draws mixed reviews from police," March 8, 2017
- Virginian-Pilot, "Marijuana decriminalization hangs over governor's race," by Brock Vergakis, Feb 18, 2017
- Washington Times, "Immigration roils Virginia governor's race," by Seth McLaughlin, Jan. 13, 2017
- Daily Press, "Wittman preparing to run for governor", by Travis Fain, 12/13/2015
- Washington Blade, "Ralph Northam to run for VA Governor", 11/17/2015
- AMI Newswire, "Northam will run for Virginia governor", by Norman Leahy, 10/20/2015
- The Virginian-Pilot, "Decision on Medicaid looms," by Julian Walker, Jan 31, 2013
- Augusta Free Press, "Social Security is a promise," Op-Ed by Tom Perriello, Aug. 16, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Perriello: Backs pro-choice groups.
Ralph Northam: Protect women's reproductive rights.
Budget & Economy|
Ralph Northam: Cut spending by $4.6 billion to keep our budget balanced.
Jack Ciattarelli: 5% to 10% reduction in the state government workforce.
Tom Perriello: Embraces same-sex marriage.
Ralph Northam: Backs marriage rights for same-sex couples.
Jack Ciattarelli: 10-year phase out of the corporate business tax.
Terry McAuliffe: Grant 200,000 convicted felons the right to vote.
Ralph Northam: We spend $67 million a year enforcing our marijuana laws.
Ralph Northam: Drug problems are not confined to youth and minorities.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit aid to overfunded school districts.
Rob Wittman: My wife teaches; so I know what's working.
Ralph Northam: Invest in early childhood education.
Energy & Oil|
Ralph Northam: Restrict offshore oil and gas drilling off Virginia coast.
Families & Children|
Tim Kaine: 2005: "conservative on family;" oppose same-sex marriage.
Ralph Northam: Nonpartisan redistricting so voters, not pols, pick reps.
Terry McAuliffe: Grant voting rights to 200,000 released convicted felons.
Ralph Northam: No family should be one illness away from financial demise.
Jack Ciattarelli: Discontinue ObamaCare Cadillac health insurance plans.
Ralph Northam: Expand access to Medicaid for 400,000 of our citizens.
Ralph Northam: Stand up against ICE; our doors are open.
Ralph Northam: Support driver's licenses for illegal immigrants.
Ralph Northam: Tiebreaker in favor of increasing the minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Rob Wittman: Served as mayor, town councilor, and in House of Delegates.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit retirement pensions for public retirees.
Ed Gillespie: Decrease state's personal income tax rate to spur growth.
Ralph Northam: Raise income tax rate by 1% for income over $500,000.
Tom Perriello: Raise income tax rate by 1% for income over $500,000.
Frank Wagner: We need income tax for programs and AAA bond rating.
The above quotations are from 2017 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)