Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2019 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2019 LA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Eddie Rispone (19) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards (8) Louisiana Democratic Governor
- John Neely Kennedy (1) Louisiana Republican candidate for governor
- Ralph Abraham (6) Louisiana Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana 2019 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The News-Star, "Where Louisiana's governor candidates stand on the issues," Oct. 8, 2019
- Politico.com, "GOP squabbles as Louisiana governor nears reelection," by Daniel Strauss, 10/01/2019
- 225 Magazine, "The Top Three Candidates for Governor: We Asked The Questions, They Answered," by Benjamin Leger, 9/30/19
- Bayou Buzz, "Transcript of Louisiana Governor Race debate: Vaping, budget and corporate taxes," 23 September 2019
- KLFY News, "Interview with governor candidate Eddie Rispone," by Lora Lavigne, Sep 18, 2019
- Bayou Brief, "Rispone Supports Louisiana's Corrupt and Failing School Voucher Program," by Lamar White, June 20, 2019
- The Times-Picayune, "5 things to know about the GOP candidates running for LA governor," by Julia O'Donoghue, 3/29/19
- The Advocate, "Where do 3 Louisiana governor candidates stand on death penalty?" by Elizabeth Crisp, Mar 28, 2019
- The Times-Picayune, "Where Republicans Eddie Rispone, Ralph Abraham differ," by Julia O'Donoghue, Mar 19, 2019
- The Advocate, "5 takeaways from meet and greet with Eddie Rispone," by Elizabeth Crisp, Jan 8, 2019
- America Magazine, "Profile: John Bel Edwards, pro-life Catholic", by Matt Malone, December 14, 2018
- The News-Star, "Edwards popular, but re-election risky," by Greg Hilburn, USA Today, March 1, 2018
- The Hill, "Mulvaney says Trump's military parade could cost as much as $30 million," by Avery Anapol, 2/14/18
- The News-Star, "Mayo, Abraham face off in 5th District debate," by Kaleb Causey, Nov. 20, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Eddie Rispone: Pro-life, pro-God, pro-family.
John Bel Edwards: Signed one of country's most restrictive anti-abortion laws.
Budget & Economy|
Eddie Rispone: Balance budgets, and build up reserves.
Eddie Rispone: No specifics on budget cuts; try to control spending.
Eddie Rispone: Modernize criminal justice system; make it more efficient.
Eddie Rispone: Religious objection to death penalty, and not a deterrent.
Ralph Abraham: I favor the death penalty & I'm also favor enforcing it.
John Bel Edwards: Reduce highest incarceration rate in the nation.
John Bel Edwards: No executions until better lethal drugs found.
Eddie Rispone: Against legalizing marijuana; need info about medical use.
Eddie Rispone: Work with schools & businesses to align education with jobs.
Eddie Rispone: Expand school choice options to empower parents.
Eddie Rispone: OpEd: Rispone supports vouchers to get his own tax break.
Eddie Rispone: Allow use of tax dollars for Christian schools.
Eddie Rispone: Let local boards give raises to individual teachers.
Eddie Rispone: Supports Coastal Master Plan as essential.
Eddie Rispone: Need to change process of funding infrastructure repair.
Eddie Rispone: Opposes radical Left and their gun grabbing agenda.
John Bel Edwards: We need to do a better job with our background checks.
Eddie Rispone: Problems with Medicaid expansion including fraud, abuse.
Eddie Rispone: Medicaid expansion "bungled," and is unsustainable.
Eddie Rispone: Temporarily freeze Medicaid enrollment in Louisiana.
John Bel Edwards: Pro-life includes helping the poor get access to health care.
Ralph Abraham: ObamaCare a daily dangerous debacle for working physicians.
Ralph Abraham: No expansion of Medicaid, even if I make money on it.
John Bel Edwards: West Point grad; served 8 years in US Army.
John Neely Kennedy: We don't need a military parade to show off American power.
Ralph Abraham: No amnesty; seal the borders.
Eddie Rispone: Raising minimum wage would hurt economy, contract jobs.
Eddie Rispone: Lawsuit abuse is killing jobs because of insurance costs.
Ralph Abraham: Women deserve equal pay.
Principles & Values|
John Bel Edwards: Faith plays a central role in his life and work.
John Bel Edwards: Only Democratic governor in the Deep South.
Ralph Abraham: Tax code is outdated and it's leaking billions.
The above quotations are from 2019 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-19 Governors' book excerpts:
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by Governor Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)