Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Arizona Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 AZ Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Mark Kelly (52) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
- Martha McSally (18) Republican appointee for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arizona 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- AARP survey, "Mark Kelly and Martha McSally Answer 5 Questions Vital to Voters Age 50+", by Andrew Soergel, October 09, 2020
- Associated Press, "Kelly, McSally spar in only debate of Senate campaign," by Jonathan J. Cooper, Oct. 8, 2020
- Arizona Republic, "Fact checking the McSally-Kelly debate," by Maria Polletta & Rachel Leingang, Oct. 7, 2020
- Cronkite News AZ-PBS, "McSally, Kelly clash over issues ranging from COVID-19 to border security," by Ray Alonzo, Oct. 6, 2020
- Arizona Republic, "McSally, Kelly clash on COVID-19, health care, China," by Ronald J. Hansen, Oct. 6, 2020
- CampusElect survey (Mark Kelly vs. Martha McSally), September 2020
- Albuquerque Journal, "Q&A: U.S. Senate Mark Ronchetti," 8/26/20
- KOB-TV, "Fact Check: Mark Ronchetti's first TV ad," by Chris Ramirez, August 21, 2020
- Arizona Republic, "Where McSally and Kelly stand on calls to 'defund the police'," by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez, June 12, 2020
- KTAR News 92.3-FM, "Defunding police isn't solution, Mark Kelly says," by Marcia Hammond, June 12, 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Gun control group rolls out first round of Senate endorsements", by Julia Manchester, 06/09/20
- The Jewish Insider, "Mark Kelly is preparing for a different kind of liftoff," by Matthew Kassel, May 22, 2020
- KTAR News 92.3-FM, "Mark Kelly takes issue with Trump's claims," by Kevin Stone, February 21, 2020
- Fox News Radio, "The Thin Red Line For The Senate Majority In The Fall," Feb 17, 2020
- Environment & Energy News, "Public lands credentials may not save McSally," by Timothy Cama, January 28, 2020
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Meteorologist Mark Ronchetti to run for US Senate in New Mexico," by Russell Contreras, Jan 7, 2020
- The Arizona Republic, "Where Martha McSally and Mark Kelly stand on DACA," by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez, Nov 12, 2019
- The Arizona Mirror, "Planned Parenthood endorses Mark Kelly in US Senate race," by Jim Small, October 14, 2019
- Casa Grande Dispatch, PinalCentral.com, "Mark Kelly gets warm welcome from Pinal Democrats," by Suzanne Adams-Ockrassa, Oct 7, 2019
- Arizona Daily Star, Tucson.com, "Mark Kelly talks prescription drug prices, Sinema during Tucson visit," by Joe Ferguson, 9/19/19
- USA Today, "McSally pushes to criminalize sexual harassment in military," by Tom Vanden Brook, May 11, 2019
- The Arizona Republic (AZCentral.com), "Republican billboard hits Mark Kelly over health care," by Yvonne Wingett-Sanchez, 4/22/2019
- Arizona Public Media, "Former Astronaut Mark Kelly Hits the Campaign Trail," Christopher Conover, 2/25/2019
- Fox News, "Kelly hopes Florida high schoolers' calls to end gun violence will move Congress," by Joseph Weber, 2/18/2018
- Arizona Capitol Times, "Kelly: Border is porous; no opinion on single-payer," by Howard Fischer, 2/12/2019
- Gentleman's Quarterly (GQ.com), "Gabby Giffords Thinks a Safer America Is Within Reach," by Jay Willis, 11/2/2018
- CNN.com, "This year has been an unequivocal disaster for the future of the planet," by Mark Kelly, 12/27/2017
- CBS News, "Mark Kelly on gun violence: Thoughts and prayers are not enough," by Emily Tillett, 10/2/2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mark Kelly: Against making it harder for women to access health care.
Mark Kelly: Supports every woman's right to choose.
Mark Kelly: Supports reproductive rights, health and gender equity.
Budget & Economy|
Mark Kelly: COVID: supports federal aid to states and cities.
Martha McSally: COVID: opposes federal aid to states and cities.
Mark Kelly: End tax breaks for super wealthy; invest in infrastructure.
Mark Kelly: Wrong that LGBTQ people can be married and get fired for it.
Mark Kelly: Demand accountability on deep systemic issues with racism.
Martha McSally: Weaken Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Mark Kelly: Address racial justice issues threatening Black lives.
Martha McSally: Incentivize not to use chokeholds, but against banning them.
Mark Kelly: We need to reform policing, not defund police departments.
Martha McSally: Criminalize harassment in military, keep commander's role.
Mark Kelly: More financial aid, lower interest rates on student loans.
Mark Kelly: Expand access to early education; pay teachers a decent wage.
Mark Kelly: Support post-secondary training; ease student debt.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Kelly: We've got to get on to more renewable energy, like solar.
Mark Kelly: Develop renewable energy, but not for Green New Deal.
Mark Kelly: Support massive investment developing renewable technologies.
Mark Kelly: Trump withdrawal from Paris Accords sets back U.S. progress.
Mark Kelly: Weakening standards have been unequivocal disaster.
Martha McSally: Led fight to rein in overreaching EPA regulations.
Mark Kelly: Protect Grand Canyon from uranium mining.
Families & Children|
Martha McSally: Provide funding for home- and community-based services.
Mark Kelly: Everyone deserves decent paid family leave policy.
Martha McSally: COVID: Virus came from China; hold China accountable.
Mark Kelly: Hasn't thought much on Jerusalem embassy; seems to work.
Mark Kelly: Supports strong military, but must rebuild alliances.
Mark Kelly: Committed to rebuilding alliances & restoring US leadership.
Mark Kelly: Refuses corporate PAC money, taken lobbyist money.
Martha McSally: Voted against showing funding of campaign ads.
Mark Kelly: Declined to take a position on eliminating the filibuster.
Martha McSally: Ban bump stocks; against closing gun show loophole.
Mark Kelly: The issue of gun violence is personal for Gabby and me.
Martha McSally: I'm your Second Amendment senator.
Mark Kelly: Owns guns but favors commonsense legislation.
Mark Kelly: Gun rights & safety from gun violence not incompatible.
Mark Kelly: A gun is designed for one thing--to kill.
Mark Kelly: Gun control is a political issue and we need to have a vote.
Mark Kelly: Congress has done absolutely nothing to stop gun violence.
Mark Kelly: Supports a tax credit for family and informal caregivers.
Mark Kelly: Oppose any efforts to turn Medicare into a voucher program.
Martha McSally: Fought cuts to Medicare Advantage program.
Martha McSally: Require covering pre-existing conditions, but no funding.
Martha McSally: Supports bipartisan bill to stop surprise billing.
Mark Kelly: Health care is a right; supports public option.
Mark Kelly: Allow Medicare buy-in; limited public option.
Mark Kelly: Medicare needn't be barred from negotiating drug prices.
Mark Kelly: Employer health insurance should stay; improve care access.
Mark Kelly: Ensure healthcare access, unsure of single-payer care.
Mark Kelly: Better border technology, not wall; citizenship for DREAMers.
Martha McSally: Citizenship for DREAMers if tied to wall, closing loopholes.
Mark Kelly: Not for open borders but have to treat people fairly.
Mark Kelly: Strong, effective border security; protect DREAMers.
Mark Kelly: Senate should pass path to citizenship for DREAMers.
Mark Kelly: Secure the southern border without demonizing migrants.
Mark Kelly: Make investments that raise wages and create jobs.
Martha McSally: COVID: Helped craft CARES Act to save jobs, small businesses.
Principles & Values|
Martha McSally: It "pisses me off" when Trump attacks John McCain.
Mark Kelly: Wife, Rep. Gabby Giffords, survived assassination attempt.
Mark Kelly: Oppose cutting or eliminating funding sources.
Martha McSally: Protect current benefits; strengthen for younger generations.
Mark Kelly: Social Security & Medicare are promises to seniors.
Mark Kelly: Don't weaken Social Security; nor gamble retirement funds.
Mark Kelly: Against Trump tax cuts: need to look out for middle class.
War & Peace|
Mark Kelly: Supported killing Iranian general without Congressional OK.
Martha McSally: Voted against blocking arms sales to Saudi Arabia.
Mark Kelly: Iran deal had problems, but poor decision to pull out of it.
Mark Kelly: Middle East peace achievable; won't be easy.
Mark Kelly: Services must work for changing veteran population.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Mark Kelly Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
- Martha McSally Republican appointee for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
The above quotations are from 2020 Arizona Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator Jeff Flake (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)