Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Puerto Rico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 PR Gubernatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Pedro Pierluisi (1) Puerto Rico Puerto Rico Democratic Governor
- Ricky Rossello (14) Puerto Rico Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Wanda Vazquez Garced (15) Puerto Rico Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Puerto Rico 2020 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- DHS Readout of Secretary Mayorkas' Call with Pedro Pierluisi, Governor of Puerto Rico, February 5, 2021
- On 2022_FL_Gov: FLgov.com press release, "Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Legislation to Protect Religious Freedom and Support Florida's Jewish Community," June 14, 2021
- The Hill e-zine, "Governor urges Azar to provide island with funding for Medicare program amid virus outbreak," by Tal Axelrod, 03/20/20
- Democrat & Chronicle, "Puerto Rico imposes curfew, shuts businesses to combat coronavirus," March 15, 2020
- Orlando Political Observer, "Governor urges U.S. Senate to pass Earthquake Disaster Relief Legislation," February 26, 2020
- Be Latina e-zine, "Wanda Vazquez Believes Statehood Is Puerto Rico's Solution," by Guisell Gomez, February 10, 2020
- CBS News, "Puerto Rico's former housing secretary claims governor knew about unused aid," by Audrey Mcnamara, January 21, 2020
- El Nuevo Dia, "Garced sends bill to the Legislature that would establish new debt issuance regulations," by Joanisabel González, 11/5/19
- NBC-Miami, "Gov. Vazquez Outlines Plans for Island After Political Turmoil," August 20, 2019
- Vox.com: "5 things to know about Wanda Vazquez, Puerto Rico's latest governor," by Alexia Fernández Campbell, Aug. 9, 2019
- Bloomberg.com, "Vazquez Defends Record Amid Investigation," By Amanda Albright, Karina Montoya, and Ezra Fieser, July 26, 2019
- Heavy.com, "Wanda Vazquez: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know," Jul 25, 2019
- Fox Business, "Why Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello resigned," by Ann Schmidt, July 25, 2019
- N.Y.Times, "Who Is Wanda Vázquez, Who Is in Line to Become Puerto Rico’s Next Governor?", by Jose A. Del Real and Frances Robles, 7/24/19
- Vox.com, "Puerto Rico's week of massive protests, explained," by Zeeshan Aleem, July 22, 2019
- NBC News, "What's behind Puerto Rico's protests, scandal? Here's 5 things to know," by Nicole Acevedo, July 19, 2019
- Scientific American, "Puerto Rico Pledges to Go All-Renewable by 2050," by Daniel Cusick, November 21, 2018
- Caribbean Business blog, "Minimum wage for workers in gov't-contracted construction is now $15," by Eva Lloréns Vélez, July 30, 2018
- NBC News, "Puerto Rico's new law moves to privatize power grid nine months after Hurricane Maria," by Nicole Acevedo, June 20, 2018
- Caribbean Business blog, "Governor reveals details on proposed tax reform," by Eva Llorens Vélez and Dalissa Zeda Sánchez, March 21, 2018
- Education Week, "Governor Signs Bill to Expand Choice and Revamp Public Schools," by Andrew Ujifusa, March 21, 2018
- Leafly.com blog, "Puerto Rico Governor Signs Medicinal Marijuana Bill," by Gage Peake, July 10, 2017
- The Indian Express, "Rossello protects pensions, promises tax breaks in the budget," June 1, 2017
- News Is My Business blog, "Rosello signs Permitting Reform Act, simplifies process," April 5, 2017
- NBC News, "Pro-Statehood Candidate Ricardo Rosselló Wins Governor Race," Nov. 8, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Pedro Pierluisi: Puerto Rico still needs critical work to rebuild and recover.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Urges Senate to provide aid following earthquakes.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Limit government borrowing; restrict use of such funds.
Ricky Rossello: Restructure $70 billion in debt after 13-year recession.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Oversaw budget cuts to groups serving battered women.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Met with feminist groups on fighting gender violence.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: May have meddled in theft investigation at daughter's home.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Didn't investigate corruption over hurricane relief.
Ricky Rossello: Signed bill legalizing & regulating medical marijuana.
Ricky Rossello: Break up national school district; allow vouchers & charters.
Energy & Oil|
Wanda Vazquez Garced: $20.3 billion for modernization of Puerto Rico power grid.
Ricky Rossello: Announces Puerto Rico Pledge for Climate Change.
Ricky Rossello: Moves to privatizes outdated power grid.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Calls for investigation into unused aid found in warehouse.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Expands transparency policy on Island reconstruction.
Ricky Rossello: Several officials charged with money laundering & embezzling.
Ricky Rossello: For statehood & representation for Puerto Rico.
Ricky Rossello: Streamlines process for businesses into single permit.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Boost funding for Medicare Advantage program.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Coronavirus: Imposes curfew, shuts non-essential businesses.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Require government offices to give priority to veterans.
Ricky Rossello: Raised minimum wage to $15/hour for government construction.
Principles & Values|
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Statehood is best way for Puerto Rico to acquire equality.
Ricky Rossello: Leak of bigoted, vulgar messages leads to protests.
Ricky Rossello: 100,000 people demand governor's resignation.
Ricky Rossello: Resigned over profane, corrupt discussions with lobbyists.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Island police will contribute to Social Security.
Wanda Vazquez Garced: Economic development instead of unreasonable tax increases.
Ricky Rossello: $1 billion tax cut to offset effects of Trump's tax reform.
Ricky Rossello: Tax breaks for retirees; exempt first $12,500 for everyone.
The above quotations are from 2020 Puerto Rico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Gov. Wanda Vazquez Garced up for re-election in 2020:
2020 Puerto Rico Gubernatorial debate
Ricky Rossello(D; resigned 2019)
Wanda Vazquez Garced(R; lost primary)
Pedro Pierluisi Urrutia(D)
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: