Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2021 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2021 VA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Amanda Chase (24) Virginia Republican candidate for governor of Virginia
- Glenn Youngkin (18) Virginia Republican challenger for Governor
- Jack Ciattarelli (2) New Jersey Republican Challenger
- Jennifer Carroll Foy (30) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Jennifer McClellan (21) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Justin Fairfax (7) Virginia Virginia Democratic Governor
- Ken Cuccinelli (1) Virginia Republican Challenger
- Kirk Cox (13) Virginia Republican candidate for Governor
- Lee Carter (5) Virginia Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mark Herring (14) Virginia Democratic candidate for governor
- Pete Snyder (13) Virginia Republican Primary Gubernatorial Candidate
- Ralph Northam (5) Virginia Democratic Governor
- Terry McAuliffe (22) Virginia Democratic Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2021 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R-VA). October 9, 2022, (Link)
- CBS News: Full transcript of "Face the Nation": interview of Gov. Glenn Youngkin, moderated by Robert Costa, July 10, 2022, (Link)
- FOX Business, "Virginia governor-elect Youngkin's economic plan includes lower taxes, less regulation," by Thomas Barrabi, Nov. 2, 2021
- Virginia Mercury, "Cheat sheet: Youngkin and McAuliffe on the issues," by Ned Oliver, Kate Masters, Graham Moomaw and Sarah Vogelsong, November 1, 2021
- The 19th, "Virginia Republican Glenn Youngkin opposes marriage equality," by Kate Sosin, November 1, 2021
- The Daily Beast, "Glenn Youngkin's Complicated History on Critical Race Theory," by Roger Sollenberger, Oct. 12, 2021
- Virginia Dogwood, "'It's a Moral Issue': Virginia Families Need Affordable Child Care and Paid Leave," by Keya Vakil, July 29, 2021
- WRIC ABC8, "NRA endorses Republican statewide candidates, but not Youngkin in Virginia governor's race," by Dean Mirshahi, Jul 23, 2021
- WVTF Virginia Public Radio, "Glenn Youngkin Still Not Ready to Answer Questions About Abortion," by Michael Pope, Jul 14, 2021
- Virginia Mercury, "A clearer picture is emerging of Glenn Youngkin," by Roger Chesley, July 14, 2021
- VirginiaScope.com, "Glenn Youngkin unveils a veteran support plan," Jul 9, 2021
- Marijuana Moment, "Marijuana Legalization Divides Virginia Gubernatorial and Attorney General Candidates Across Party Lines," July 6, 2021
- Washington Post, "Glenn Youngkin, GOP nominee for Virginia governor, goes mum on guns and abortion," by Laura Vozzella, May 26, 2021
- Prince William Times, "At Dumfries rally, GOP candidates promise 'a different path' for Virginia," by Daniel Berti, May 25, 2021
- Charlottesville Tomorrow, "Charlottesville can choose new, bold leadership on June 8," by Jennifer Carroll Foy, May 24, 2021
- Woodbridge Patch, "Meet The Candidate: Jennifer Carroll Foy Runs For VA Governor, by Mark Hand, May 18, 2021
- Fox News transcript: "Laura Ingraham on CDC updating mask guidance for vaccinated Americans," May 14, 2021
- WRIC ABC-8 News, "Glenn Youngkin vows to turn Virginia red again in first rally as GOP nominee for governor," by Jackie DeFusco, May 11, 2021
- Politico.com, "Youngkin seeks to reverse Virginia GOP's Trump-era carnage," by Zach Montellaro, 05/11/2021
- Charlottesville Tomorrow, "Former House Speaker Kirk Cox to bring longtime experience if elected governor," by Charlotte Rene Woods, May 6, 2021
- Fairfax City Patch, "Meet The Candidate: Pete Snyder Seeks Nomination For Governor," by Mark Hand, May 5, 2021
- Black Wall Street Times, "Her father was forced to pay a poll tax, now she's running for Governor to protect the right to vote," by Nate Morris, April 28, 2021
- Loudoun Now, "Snyder Stumps in Ashburn as Convention Nears," 2021-04-27
- Fauquier Times, "Lawmakers OK recreational marijuana possession, cultivation starting July 1," by Sam Fowler, Apr 7, 2021
- Virginia Mercury, "4 moments that stood out during the first Democratic gubernatorial debate," by Graham Moomaw, April 6, 2021
- Washington Post, "Diverse field of Democratic candidates for Virginia governor faces off in debate," by Gregory S. Schneider, April 6, 2021
- BlueVirginia.US, Democratic Party of Virginia press release, "In Virginia, Health Care is On the Ballot," March 23, 2021
- The Roanoke Times, "What Virginia's gubernatorial candidates will do about broadband," by Amy Friedenberger, Mar 20, 2021
- Axios.com, "Va. candidate's COVID charity shrouded key information," by Lachlan Markay, Mar 18, 2021
- The Washington Blade, "Ebbin, Sickles condemn Va. GOP gubernatorial candidate's anti-trans comments," March 9, 2021
- The Hill, "Virginia attorney general dedicates team to investigating worker exploitation," by Joseph Choi, 03/04/21
- The Progress-Index, "Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jennifer Carroll Foy campaigns in her Petersburg hometown," by Sean Jones, 2/22/21
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Cox calls for returning $730 million in extra revenues to Virginians as tax rebate," by Mel Leonor, Feb 16, 2021
- Charlottesville Tomorrow, "Jennifer Carroll Foy to bridge equity with economic development," by Charlotte Rene Woods, February 16, 2021
- August Free Press, "Jennifer McClellan earns endorsement nod from Care in Action," Feb. 10, 2021
- The Republican Standard, "Cox Releases Plan to Hold Big Tech Accountable," February 10, 2021
- Blue Virginia, "Kirk Cox Embraces Chase-Like Anti-LGBTQ Extremism…Again," February 5, 2021
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Virginia Senate unanimously passes McClellan measure for stronger foreclosure protections," by Mark Robinson, Feb 2, 2021
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Virginia lawmakers split on criminal penalties as they work to legalize marijuana," by Mel Leonor, Feb 1, 2021
- Associated Press, "Republican Snyder joins crowded Virginia governor contest," by Sarah Rankin, January 26, 2021
- Augusta Free Press, "Jennifer McClellan statement on the anniversary of Roe v. Wade," Jan. 22, 2021
- Mother Jones magazine, "A List of the Lawmakers Who Joined Pro-Trump Crowds on the Day of the Capitol Riot," by Dan Spinelli, January 16, 2021
- Farquier Times, "The 2021 general election in Virginia: The race for governor," Jan 6, 2021
- WTKR Coastal Virginia CBS-3, "Virginia Food Access Investment Fund applications now open to provide grants from $5K to $50K," by Arianna Herriott, Jan 03, 2021
- Jacobin magazine, "Socialist Lee Carter Wants to Be Virginia's Next Governor," by Indigo Olivier, January 2021
- WRIC 8News, "New Virginia law bars debt collectors from seizing stimulus payments," by Ben Dennis, Dec 30, 2020
- Prince Williams Times, "What to do about Virginia's coal ash?," by Jill Palermo, Dec 19, 2018
- WHSV 3-News, "Virginia candidate for governor, Terry McAuliffe announces Lucy Simms Educator Program," Dec. 17, 2020
- The Washington Post, "Republican contender for Va. governor says Trump should declare martial law," by Laura Vozzella, Dec. 15, 2020
- WRIC ABC8, "Republican gubernatorial hopeful Amanda Chase believes Trump should declare martial law," by Dean Mirshahi, Dec 15, 2020
- WRIC-TV ABC-8 News, "Reversing course, Amanda Chase will seek GOP nomination for Virginia governor," by Dean Mirshahi, Dec 11, 2020
- The Nation newsmagazine, "Is It Really Terry McAuliffe's Turn in Virginia--Again?," by Joan Walsh, December 11, 2020
- Virginia Mercury, "Terry McAuliffe is running for governor again. Can anyone beat him?," by Graham Moomaw, December 9, 2020
- PolitiFact FactCheck, "Amanda Chase makes bogus claim of voting fraud in Virginia precinct," by Warren Fiske, December 9, 2020
- Politico.com, "Terry McAuliffe wants to be governor again. Women: Not so fast," by Sabrina Rodriguez and Maya King, 12/08/2020
- Smith Mountain Eagle, "Republican candidate for Virginia governor Amanda Chase visits Smith Mountain Lake," by William Seidel, Nov 25, 2020
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Three fellow GOP senators rebuke Chase over her 'hate' statements about Virginia Democrats," by Andrew Cain, Nov 23, 2020
- Virginia Mercury, "Q&A: Why Kirk Cox thinks he can win the governor's mansion in an ever-bluer Virginia," by Ned Oliver, November 17, 2020
- WSLS-10 News, "Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax announces bid for Virginia governor," by Associated Press, September 10, 2020
- Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Which racism and whose history?," by Deborah Levine, June 26, 2020
- WHSV-3-TV & WWBT newsroom. "Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax proposes $30 billion plan to rebuild Virginia's aging schools," Jun. 18, 2020
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Ralph Northam, April 19, 2020
- Daily Energy Insider, "Gov. Northam signs Virginia Clean Energy Act," by Dave Kovaleski, 4/15/20
- Press Releases from the Office of the Attorney General (Mark Herring), March 23-30, 2020
- Virginia Mercury, "Fairfax calls for 'bolder and swifter actions' in state's response to COVID-19," by Graham Moomaw, March 19, 2020
- WAMU 88.5-FM, American University Radio, "Democrats Promised to Change Virginia. Here Are Six Areas Where They Made Moves," by Daniella Cheslow,Mar 10, 2020
- Prince Williams Times, "Two Democratic no votes on gun bills came from Prince William lawmakers," by Daniel Berti, Feb 18, 2020
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Controversial state Sen. Amanda Chase announces run for governor," by Justin Mattingly, 2/17/2020
- Virginia Mercury, "Q&A: Amanda Chase pitches herself as Virginia's Donald Trump," by Ned Oliver, December 11, 2020
- PewTrusts.org Stateline, "Southern States Split in Response to EPA's Coal Ash Rule Rollbacks," by Max Blau, December 2, 2019
- Virginian-Pilot Op-Ed, "Justice reform a Virginia necessity," by Mark Herring, Nov 17, 2019
- Rewire News, "Virginia's Abortion Landscape Could Change Drastically If Democrats Take Majorities," by Dennis Carter, 11/1/2019
- VaDogwood.com, "Read Sen. Amanda Chase's most provocative comments against LGBTQ people," by Davis Burroughs, October 21, 2019
- Blue Virginia, "AG Mark Herring Reiterates Call for Marijuana Reform," July 18, 2019
- The Dogwood Daily, "Virginia A.G. Mark Herring fights to get Blackjewel miners paid", by Davis Burroughs, 7/17/2019
- Blue Virginia, "AG Mark Herring Defends Human Rights of Immigrant Children in Civil Detention," July 10, 2019
- CBS Face the Nation, "ICE is ready to deport 1 million undocumented immigrants," by Camilo Montoya-Galvez, 7/7/19
- NewsOne, "Fairfax and Northam put differences aside for gun control after Virginia Beach shooting," by Bruce C.T. Wright, 6/4/2019
- Virginian-Pilot, "AG Mark Herring explains why he called for Northam's resignation," by Laura Vozzella, 3/5/19
- NBC News, "Who is Justin Fairfax? The descendant of slaves is next in line for Virginia governor," by Alex Seitz-Wald, Feb. 2, 2019
- The Hill, "Virginia's one, black statewide official is lone protester during Robert E. Lee Tribute," by Morgan Gstalter, 1/19/2019
The Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, "Vogel-Fairfax in tight race for Lieutenant governor," by Scott Shenk, 10/29/2017
- BearingDrift.com, "There's No Such Thing As Free Money: A Big Government Bait-And-Switch," by Pete Snyder, March 6, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Glenn Youngkin: Plans to limit his comments about abortion.
Glenn Youngkin: Protect the life of every Virginia child born and unborn.
Glenn Youngkin: My religion teaches me protect life before and after.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Remove politically motivated restrictions on abortion.
Kirk Cox: Led fight against late term abortion legislation.
Jennifer McClellan: Led fight for Reproductive Health Protection Act.
Jennifer McClellan: Fight to protect, strengthen reproductive health continues.
Terry McAuliffe: Permanently codify protections of Roe v. Wade.
Terry McAuliffe: Vetoed anti-abortion laws; honored by Virginia NARAL.
Amanda Chase: How can any human being in good conscience kill a baby?
Budget & Economy|
Pete Snyder: Formed private fund for forgivable loans during pandemic.
Lee Carter: Put economic power into the hands of working people.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Expand tax credit to spur investment in new products.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Proposed state funding for job training.
Kirk Cox: Use surplus to send out tax rebates to help families.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Increase unemployment benefits to mirror nearby states.
Jennifer McClellan: Extend time for people to pay mortgage & avoid foreclosure.
Jennifer McClellan: Food Access Investment grants will reduce food disparities.
Mark Herring: Supports law barring creditors from seizing stimulus checks.
Terry McAuliffe: Targeted investments partnering with schools, businesses.
Terry McAuliffe: Provide small businesses access to capital.
Glenn Youngkin: Personally against gay marriage but would support the law.
Jennifer McClellan: Racial justice is about more than criminal justice reform.
Pete Snyder: Left is pushing transgender bathrooms in our schools.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Increase state buying from women/minority owned businesses.
Kirk Cox: Enacted a zero-tolerance policy on sexual harassment.
Jennifer McClellan: Led fight to get Virginia to ratify Equal Rights Amendment.
Jennifer McClellan: Led on Virginia Values Act, banning LGBTQ discrimination.
Kirk Cox: Voted against banning LGBTQ panic defense.
Terry McAuliffe: Vetoed multiple bills shielding discriminating groups.
Terry McAuliffe: Tackle inequities by lifting up every Black Virginian.
Amanda Chase: I believe in equal treatment and not special treatment.
Amanda Chase: Removal of Confederate icons is destroying white history.
Amanda Chase: Called homosexuality "sexual dysphoria".
Amanda Chase: Transgender people are confused about which bathroom to use.
Amanda Chase: Concerned the ERA treats women identically to men.
Mark Herring: Governor should resign after wearing blackface, but not me.
Ralph Northam: Outed for blackface photo in 1984 medical school yearbook.
Pete Snyder: Wall Street, big government rig system to protect profits.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Require banks to direct more funds to small businesses.
Glenn Youngkin: Rejects "defund the police"; for qualified immunity.
Pete Snyder: During mob violence, governor focused on criminal rights.
Lee Carter: Rethink what policing means, reduce size of police.
Terry McAuliffe: I'd like to see every police officer have a body camera.
Terry McAuliffe: We have racist criminal justice system.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Prohibit police using chokeholds; address bail reform.
Kirk Cox: Invest $50 million for law enforcement salaries.
Jennifer McClellan: System focuses on punishment rather than rehabilitation.
Terry McAuliffe: Shift from military-style equipment to support services.
Amanda Chase: We've never fully funded our law enforcement.
Mark Herring: Reform cash bail; more diversity in judiciary.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Reform our broken criminal justice system; ban chokeholds.
Mark Herring: More resources for public safety and law enforcement.
Amanda Chase: Marijuana legalization sends reckless message to our kids.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Introduced legislation to legalize marijuana.
Jennifer McClellan: Marijuana legalization coming, end prohibition and penalties.
Justin Fairfax: Supports legalization, expunging non-violent convictions.
Glenn Youngkin: Legalization a problem, never met user who was successful.
Mark Herring: Marijuana criminalization doesn't work; expunge records.
Mark Herring: Cannabis reform: decriminalization marijuana possession.
Mark Herring: Crack down on dealers & traffickers who profit off addiction.
Kirk Cox: Put together a comprehensive plan to reopen schools.
Glenn Youngkin: We've got to get critical race theory out of the schools.
Justin Fairfax: Proposes $30 billion plan to rebuild state's aging schools.
Glenn Youngkin: Ban critical race theory from being taught in Virginia.
Pete Snyder: COVID: Open schools, allow students sports and spectators.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Restructure funding formulas so schools get what they need.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Recruit more teachers of color.
Kirk Cox: Froze college tuition for first time since age of disco.
Jennifer McClellan: Invest in early childhood educators: compensation, training.
Jennifer McClellan: Led the fight to fully fund Virginia public schools.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Expand early childhood education to lower age brackets.
Terry McAuliffe: Wants more diversity among teachers, provide scholarships.
Terry McAuliffe: $2 billion to boost teacher pay, expand internet access.
Terry McAuliffe: Address school segregation; expand pre-school availability.
Ralph Northam: $30 billion to rebuild, reimagine all K-12 schools in state.
Energy & Oil|
Glenn Youngkin: Shift from fossil fuels will increase electric bills.
Glenn Youngkin: Climate change challenging, but doesn't know what causes it.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Tax credit for commercial buildings that go green.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Expand training for workers interested in solar careers.
Jennifer McClellan: Ensure environmental justice policies underlie decisions.
Jennifer McClellan: Worked to pass the Virginia Clean Economy Act.
Terry McAuliffe: Facilitate development of new clean energy technologies.
Terry McAuliffe: Facilitate development of new clean energy technologies.
Jennifer McClellan: Supported Virginia Clean Economy Act; promote efficiency.
Amanda Chase: States closer than Feds, can address issues more carefully.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Power plant should meet EPA standards on coal ash.
Families & Children|
Jennifer McClellan: Fought to establish paid family and medical leave.
Mark Herring: Innovative tech to protect children & catch perpetrators.
Glenn Youngkin: Supported Trump's trade battles with China.
Glenn Youngkin: Streamline or cut small business operational requirements.
Kirk Cox: Wants to cut regulations across the board at state agencies.
Jennifer McClellan: Led successful fight to restore voting rights in Virginia.
Jennifer McClellan: Worked to create Virginia Voting Rights Act.
Justin Fairfax: Opponents accepted "false" accusation, no due process.
Lee Carter: Little to no oversight by legislature over executive branch.
Pete Snyder: For photo ID at polls; witnesses for absentee ballots.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Limit state political contributions to federal limits.
Pete Snyder: Against on-again-off-again regulations on small business.
Amanda Chase: If Trump not made president, declare martial law.
Amanda Chase: Introduced term limits to stop career politicians.
Amanda Chase: Prefers gubernatorial primary to nominating convention.
Amanda Chase: Admits no proof of her claim of overvoting in Virginia.
Glenn Youngkin: Lifetime NRA member, will push back against gun laws.
Glenn Youngkin: Against red flag laws, universal background checks.
Glenn Youngkin: Trump: Glenn is pro-Second Amendment & pro-America.
Jennifer McClellan: Opposed allowing concealed carry permits from other states.
Terry McAuliffe: Got stiffer gun laws against domestic violence offenders.
Terry McAuliffe: Promises to ban assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.
Kirk Cox: Second Amendment is a foundational God-given right.
Jennifer McClellan: For universal background checks, red flag laws.
Lee Carter: Voted for background checks; against assault weapons ban.
Terry McAuliffe: Fight for common sense solutions to preventing gun violence.
Amanda Chase: Keep kids safe with armed police at each school.
Amanda Chase: I don't leave my house without carrying a firearm, ever.
Ralph Northam: Appreciate thoughts & prayers but need commonsense gun laws.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Got impactful, commonsense gun safety legislation passed.
Amanda Chase: Running for governor to uphold right to carry arms.
Pete Snyder: Our 2nd Amendment right is sacred.
Justin Fairfax: Cast tiebreaking vote for Medicaid expansion.
Kirk Cox: Raised over $2 million for breast cancer awareness.
Jennifer McClellan: Helped expand Medicaid coverage to over 400,000 Virginians.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Lower prescription costs; stop pharma price gouging.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Ensure doulas are covered by Medicaid.
Jack Ciattarelli: OpEd: Youngkin opposed to ACA and expanding access.
Terry McAuliffe: Bring PPE & pharmaceutical manufacturing to Virginia.
Amanda Chase: Allow insurance across state lines; no surprise billing.
Glenn Youngkin: A "sad thing" that Medicaid was expanded under Obamacare.
Amanda Chase: Has fought against Medicaid expansion in Virginia.
Ralph Northam: Expand Medicare, address racial disparities of pandemic.
Mark Herring: No more political games with preexisting conditions.
Justin Fairfax: COVID: urged bold and swift actions in response to pandemic.
Pete Snyder: Medicaid expansion bad for taxpayers, those pushed into it.
Glenn Youngkin: Proposes tax breaks and services for veterans.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: One of the first African-American women to graduate from VMI.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Restore programs that help veterans enter the workforce.
Kirk Cox: Introduced over 120 bills for veterans and their families.
Amanda Chase: Wanted Trump to declare martial law after election.
Pete Snyder: I'll enforce the law and deport violent criminals.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Supported driver's licenses for undocumented residents.
Mark Herring: Children held at border in inhumane conditions.
Ken Cuccinelli: Politicians interfere with efforts of ICE to do their job.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Sponsored bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour.
Terry McAuliffe: Everyone should have access to paid sick days.
Mark Herring: Repay miners who remain unpaid due to mine bankruptcy.
Principles & Values|
Glenn Youngkin: Firm offered matching gifts for social justice donations.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Our faith leaders among people making a strong community.
Pete Snyder: Discrepancies in IRS filing for non-profit on money raised.
Pete Snyder: God-given right to gather to worship during pandemic.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: I don't have to empathize, because I understand.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: If you have been blessed, then be a blessing to others.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Almost died after childbirth: motivated run for governor.
Amanda Chase: When you back citizens into the corner, they'll push back.
Lee Carter: I'm a socialist, "democratic socialist" is redundant.
Amanda Chase: Put "In God We Trust" in public schools.
Amanda Chase: Describes herself as Donald Trump in heels.
Amanda Chase: Rebuked by Republicans for claim Democrats hate white people.
Terry McAuliffe: Would accomplish more with Democrats controlling legislature.
Justin Fairfax: Denies two allegations of sexual assault.
Ralph Northam: Now is not the time for divisiveness, time for leadership.
Justin Fairfax: Had ancestor's manumission documents at swearing in.
Jennifer McClellan: Eliminating state income tax would blow huge hole in budget.
Pete Snyder: I will oppose and veto any and all efforts to increase taxes.
Mark Herring: Crack down on worker exploitation to avoid paying taxes.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Refund income taxes to those earning less than $20,000.
Kirk Cox: Give it back: for return extra revenues to taxpayers.
Amanda Chase: Help business by opposing tax increases, cutting red tape.
Jennifer Carroll Foy: Integrate technology and coding into course curriculum.
Kirk Cox: Social media platforms hare unfairly targeting conservatives.
Jack Ciattarelli: No need to lay fiber to get statewide broadband.
Terry McAuliffe: Invest in broadband infrastructure and access.
War & Peace|
Mark Herring: Fights taking military construction money for border wall.
Welfare & Poverty|
Terry McAuliffe: Strong safety net including affordable housing.
The above quotations are from 2021 Virginia Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2021; challengers:
2021 Virginia Gubernatorial debate
Former gubernatorial races:
2017 Virginia gubernatorial debate,
2013 Virginia gubernatorial debates
2009 Virginia gubernatorial debates
Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R,2013);
Creigh Deeds (D,2009)
2018-21 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: