Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 MO Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Billy Long (4) Republican U.S. Rep Missouri-7
- Dave Schatz (13) Republican Challenger for Senate Missouri
- Eric Greitens (9) Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Eric Schmitt (11) Republican Challenger Missouri
- Lucas Kunce (14) Senate Candidate Missouri
- Mark McClosky (3) Republican Challenger Missouri
- Mike Kehoe (7) Missouri Republican Challenger
- Roy Blunt (2) Republican (until 2010) U.S. Rep Missouri-7
- Scott Sifton (7) Democratic Challenger Missouri
- Trudy Busch Valentine (3) Democratic Challenger Missouri
- Vicky Hartzler (8) Republican U.S. Rep Missouri-4
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Missouri Senate debates and race coverage:
- St. Louis Public Radio, "Schmitt no-shows Missouri Senate debate, Busch Valentine slams Chinese ownership of farmland," by Jason Hancock, September 17, 2022, (Link)
- ABC News: Full transcript of "This Week": interview of Sen. Bernie Sanders & Sen. Roy Blunt, moderated by George Stephanopoulos, Sunday, Aug. 28, 2022, (Link)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Missouri politicians condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine," by Jack Suntrup, Feb 25, 2022
- KCUR 89.3 FM (NPR), "Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt will sue over federal vaccine mandate for employers," by Steve Vockrodt, November 4, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Missouri AG pushes back on federal greenhouse gas standards," by Cameron Gerber, October 1, 2021
- Washington Examiner: "Biden and Harris are unfit for office and should resign," by Rep. Billy Long, September 23, 2021
- The American Prospect, "Lucas Kunce Speaks on the Afghanistan Catastrophe," by Robert Kuttner, August 27, 2021
- The Joplin Globe, "Billy Long touts Trump ties during Senate seat campaign rally in Joplin," by Kevin McClintock, Aug 12, 2021
- The Center Square, "Missouri could receive more than $8B under federal infrastructure package," by John Haughey, Aug 11, 2021
- Fox-4 Kansas City, "Former President Trump congratulates Missouri Gov. Parson for pardoning McCloskeys," Aug 11, 2021
- Springfield News-Leader, "Reps. Long, Hartzler vote against removal of Confederate statues from Capitol," by Austin Huguelet, July 24, 2021
- Onder Law LLC biography, "Scott Sifton," July 1, 2021
- KMBC 9-ABC News, "Missouri AG Eric Schmitt asks Supreme Court to hear abortion restrictions," July 1, 2021
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Hartzler: President Biden's budget fails St. Louis and our F-18 fleet. Here's how," by Vicky Hartzler, Jun 22, 2021
- FOX News, "Missouri AG slams Biden's EPA for 'federal government land grab' over reinstatement of water rule," by Audrey Conklin, June 15, 2021
- KTTN-FM 92.3/KGOZ, "Vicky Hartzler makes it official, joining 2022 Missouri GOP Senate primary," by Rudi Keller, June 14, 2021
- Kansas City Star, "Rep. Vicky Hartzler launches Senate bid, vowing to keep seat in conservative hands," by Jonathan Shorman and Bryan Lowry, June 10, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Scott Sifton has already taken on Eric Greitens--and he's ready to do it again," by Kaitlyn Schallhorn, May 11, 2021
- KRCG 13 CBS News, "Hundreds protest abortion in Jefferson City," by Jessica Hart, April 14, 2021
- The Columbia Missourian, "Scott Sifton talks Senate candidacy, upcoming 'tough race' for Blunt's seat," by Hannah Norton, Apr 9, 2021
- KY3, "Top Missouri lawmaker OK not paying for Medicaid expansion," by The Associated Press, Apr. 8, 2021
- Mother Jones newsmagazine: "No, Eric Greitens Was Never 'Exonerated' of Sexual Misconduct," by Madison Pauley, April 2, 2021
- Jezebel webzine, "Well Look Who It Is," by Molly Osberg, 4/02/21
- KAIT-TV ABC-8 , "Greitens discusses political past, present, future as he enters U.S. Senate race," by Kathy Sweeney, April 1, 2021
- eMissourian.com, "State seeks to cut Amtrak services," by Ethan Colbert, Mar 31, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Kehoe: 'It's our time to give back to Missourians'," by Cameron Gerber, March 29, 2021
- NBC News , "Eric Greitens, former Missouri governor who resigned amid multiple scandals, to run for Senate," by Ben Kamisar, March 22, 2021
- >Newsmax, "MAGA Defender Eric Greitens Should Bring Navy SEAL Leadership to US Senate," by Bernard Kerik, 12 March 2021
- American Economics Liberty Project (EconomicLiberties.US), "Lucas Kunce," downloaded 3/10/21
- The Hill e-zine, "Democratic Marine veteran jumps into Missouri Senate race after Blunt retirement," by Tal Axelrod, 03/09/21
- Huffington Post, "Marine Veteran Launches Missouri Senate Bid After Roy Blunt Retirement," by Kevin Robillard, 03/09/2021
- Columbia Missourian, "How Missouri Republicans are challenging the federal government," by Mark Ossolinski, Mar 7, 2021
- The American Prospect, "The National-Security Case for Decarbonization," by Lucas Kunce, February 10, 2021
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "South County Democrat Scott Sifton launches bid for U.S. Senate," by Jack Suntrup, Feb 8, 2021
- St. Louis Public Radio, "Former Missouri Lawmaker Scott Sifton Seeks U.S. Senate Seat Held By Roy Blunt," by Jonathan Ahl, February 8, 2021
- CBS Meet the Press interview of Sen. Roy Blunt, January 10, 2021
- Riverfront Times, "Hartmann: The Disgraceful Duplicity of Eric Schmitt," by Ray Hartmann, Dec. 14, 2020
- The American Prospect, "The China Hack and How to Reverse It," by Lucas Kunce, December 9, 2020
- Fulton Sun, "Missouri lieutenant governor candidates talk key issues," Sep. 12, 2020
- The Jewish Daily Forward, "'They are bullies'--rabbi who confronted Mark and Patricia McCloskey speaks out," by Rob Eshman, August 24, 2020
- KMOV-4-CBS, "McCloskeys owe nearly $25,000 in unpaid property taxes," Aug 20, 2020
- Chicago Booth School Stigler Center (ProMarket.org), "Tech Monopolies Are the Reason the US Now Has a TikTok Problem," by Lucas Kunce, August 7, 2020
- News Tribune, "Can the Missouri Nondiscrimination Act pass this year?," by Phillip Sitter, January 12, 2020
- Jefferson City News Tribune, "More outreach and promotion for state arts council, including to veterans homes," Dec. 1, 2019
- Northwest Missourian, "Missouri Lieutenant Governor visits Northwest College Republicans, discusses higher education funding," by Samantha Collison, Nov 13, 2019
- Springfield News-Leader, "Kehoe stops in Springfield and talks 2020 run, school start dates, special session," by Austin Huguelet, 9/26/19
- Salon, "Republicans want to make sex discrimination legal--and they're moving fast," by Amanda Marcotte, April 30, 2019
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Greitens uses religion, women as political tools," by Stacey Newman, Jun 14, 2017
- Newsweek magazine, "Abortion in America: Missouri's Republican Governor Renews Attempt to Tighten Abortion Laws," by Sofia Lotto Persio, 6/8/17
- St. Louis Jewish Light, "Q&A with Eric Greitens, who will be first Jewish governor of Missouri," by Gabe Friedman, Nov 11, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Dave Schatz: The Missouri Way made it most pro-life state in the nation.
Eric Greitens: Called for public prayer supporting anti-abortion centers.
Eric Greitens: Overturn law making St. Louis into "abortion sanctuary city".
Eric Schmitt: Reinstate rule banning abortion referrals with federal funds.
Eric Schmitt: Appealed abortion decision, asks to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Mike Kehoe: Most innocent person you can protect is in the womb.
Mike Kehoe: Missouri has moved the needle in protecting life.
Budget & Economy|
Dave Schatz: Balance the federal budget, get inflation under control.
Dave Schatz: Infrastructure one of the most critical things to invest in.
Lucas Kunce: Abandon the notion that the market is an untouchable force.
Lucas Kunce: Acknowledge policy role in market successes.
Scott Sifton: Economic growth requires investments in infrastructure.
Dave Schatz: LGBTQ nondiscrimination not at forefront of issues.
Dave Schatz: ERA really about abortion; Jesus would oppose it.
Eric Greitens: Stood with cops; restored law and order; defeated Antifa.
Eric Schmitt: 1964 Civil Rights law doesn't protect LGBT people.
Mark McClosky: Sued to enforce unmarried couple rule against gay couple.
Vicky Hartzler: Opposed transgender soldiers service & Equality Act.
Vicky Hartzler: Supported clerk refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.
Trudy Busch Valentine: All have right to live with authentic sexual orientation .
Eric Schmitt: Enforce Court decision ending college affirmative action.
Lucas Kunce: We need to break the oppressive corporate monopoly structure.
Lucas Kunce: Corporate self-interest gave China control of supply chain.
Eric Greitens: OpEd: most pro-police governor in the country.
Eric Greitens: The defund-the-police movement has led to rising violence.
Eric Schmitt: Launched Cold Case Unit, testing backlog of rape kits.
Mark McClosky: Pardoned by Governor Mike Parson; praised by Trump.
Mike Kehoe: Against policies that raise taxes, defund police departments.
Roy Blunt: Riot: Trump touched hot stove, unlikely to touch it again.
Trudy Busch Valentine: Supports legal pot in MO; opposes it nationwide.
Eric Schmitt: No evidence of increased threats towards school officials.
Lucas Kunce: Universities rely on full-paying Chinese STEM students.
Mike Kehoe: Bar schools reopening more than 14 days before Labor Day.
Mike Kehoe: Fund higher education as long as they're producing.
Mike Kehoe: Arts not a cure-all, but can give young people alternatives.
Roy Blunt: Student loan forgiveness is monumentally unfair.
Energy & Oil|
Lucas Kunce: We can build the energy of the future in the Heartland.
Lucas Kunce: Ditch all fossil fuels the same way we ditched whale oil.
Lucas Kunce: Impact of climate change taxes the military.
Eric Greitens: Cut $500,000 in funding for state rail service from Amtrak.
Eric Schmitt: Opposes EPA move to increase emissions standards.
Eric Schmitt: Condemns EPA rule as "federal government land grab".
Families & Children|
Eric Greitens: Greitens was never "exonerated" of sexual misconduct.
Dave Schatz: Putin a bully; deserves a bloody nose for Ukraine invasion.
Trudy Busch Valentine: Disallow farmland ownership by Communist China.
Dave Schatz: Demand fair trade deals putting American first.
Lucas Kunce: Reliance on Chinese manufacturing is dangerous.
Lucas Kunce: Transfer costs of offshoring to China to corporations.
Dave Schatz: The United States has a president, not a king.
Scott Sifton: We raise our hands for voting rights, not insurrection.
Dave Schatz: The Missouri Way: protect our Second Amendment rights.
Eric Schmitt: Opposed charging couple brandishing guns at BLM protestors.
Billy Long: Notion of mandates straight out of the communist handbook.
Dave Schatz: Not in favor of funding Medicaid expansion.
Dave Schatz: Have the strongest, best-equipped, and most agile military.
Lucas Kunce: Focused on impact of consolidation on national security.
Vicky Hartzler: Chinese military threat is real, Biden cuts defense budget.
Vicky Hartzler: Defense budget should invest in future capabilities.
Lucas Kunce: Attracting educated immigrants transfers wealth to US.
Scott Sifton: Eliminate workplace discrimination, raise the minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Billy Long: Biden and Harris should resign.
Billy Long: I'm not a politician; I'm a congressman.
Billy Long: Voted against removing Confederate statues from Capitol.
Dave Schatz: Values of honesty, integrity, hard work were instilled in me.
Dave Schatz: Trust Americans to run their lives & God to direct our steps.
Eric Greitens: AdWatch: Join MAGA and let's go RINO hunting!
Mike Kehoe: I'm a true Missourian who's never lived anywhere else.
Scott Sifton: Supported impeachment of then-governor Eric Greitens.
Scott Sifton: Promote truth and equality; trust science.
Scott Sifton: Championed strong ethics rules for legislators.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted against certifying Biden's Electoral College victory.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted for Trump efforts over 95% of the time.
Vicky Hartzler: Benefitted from farm subsidies she voted for.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted against removing Confederate statues from Capitol.
Eric Schmitt: No-show at first Senate debate.
Eric Schmitt: Filed lawsuit to overturn 2020 election.
Scott Sifton: Protect the social safety net which matters to everyone.
Mark McClosky: Owe nearly $25,000 in St. Louis property taxes.
Lucas Kunce: Tech giants structurally unable to defend American interests.
War & Peace|
Eric Greitens: Jewish education inspired him to serve in Bosnia.
Lucas Kunce: Intervene for self-defense, and then we need to leave.
The above quotations are from 2022 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Blunt up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Roy Blunt(R,retiring)
vs.Treasurer Eric Schmitt(R,nominee)
vs.Trudy Busch Valentine(D,nominee)
vs.Gov. Eric Greitens(R,lost primary)
vs.State Sen. Scott Sifton(D,withdrew)
vs.Marine Officer Lucas Kunce(D,lost primary)
vs.2020 GOP convention speaker Mark McCloskey(R)
vs.U.S. Rep. MO-4 Vicky Hartzler(R,lost primary)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Missouri Senate debates,
2016 Missouri Senate debates, Blunt vs.Kander
2012 Missouri Senate debates,
Akin vs. Brunner vs. Steelman
2010 Missouri Senate debates, Blunt vs. Carnahan
2006 Missouri Senate debate, Talent vs. McCaskill
Sen. Kit Bond (R), retired 2010