Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 MO Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Billy Long (4) Republican Senate Challenger Missouri
- Eric Greitens (8) Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Eric Schmitt (8) Republican Challenger Missouri
- Lucas Kunce (14) Senate Candidate Missouri
- Mark McCloskey (3)
- Mike Kehoe (7) Missouri Republican Challenger
- Roy Blunt (1) Republican Jr Senator Missouri
- Scott Sifton (7) Democratic Challenger Missouri
- Vicky Hartzler (8) Republican Challenger Missouri
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Missouri Senate debates and race coverage:
- KCUR 89.3 FM (NPR), "Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt will sue over federal vaccine mandate for employers," by Steve Vockrodt, November 4, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Missouri AG pushes back on federal greenhouse gas standards," by Cameron Gerber, October 1, 2021
- Washington Examiner: "Biden and Harris are unfit for office and should resign," by Rep. Billy Long, September 23, 2021
- The American Prospect, "Lucas Kunce Speaks on the Afghanistan Catastrophe," by Robert Kuttner, August 27, 2021
- The Joplin Globe, "Billy Long touts Trump ties during Senate seat campaign rally in Joplin," by Kevin McClintock, Aug 12, 2021
- Fox-4 Kansas City, "Former President Trump congratulates Missouri Gov. Parson for pardoning McCloskeys," Aug 11, 2021
- Springfield News-Leader, "Reps. Long, Hartzler vote against removal of Confederate statues from Capitol," by Austin Huguelet, July 24, 2021
- Onder Law LLC biography, "Scott Sifton," July 1, 2021
- KMBC 9-ABC News, "Missouri AG Eric Schmitt asks Supreme Court to hear abortion restrictions," July 1, 2021
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Hartzler: President Biden's budget fails St. Louis and our F-18 fleet. Here's how," by Vicky Hartzler, Jun 22, 2021
- FOX News, "Missouri AG slams Biden's EPA for 'federal government land grab' over reinstatement of water rule," by Audrey Conklin, June 15, 2021
- KTTN-FM 92.3/KGOZ, "Vicky Hartzler makes it official, joining 2022 Missouri GOP Senate primary," by Rudi Keller, June 14, 2021
- Kansas City Star, "Rep. Vicky Hartzler launches Senate bid, vowing to keep seat in conservative hands," by Jonathan Shorman and Bryan Lowry, June 10, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Scott Sifton has already taken on Eric Greitens--and he's ready to do it again," by Kaitlyn Schallhorn, May 11, 2021
- KRCG 13 CBS News, "Hundreds protest abortion in Jefferson City," by Jessica Hart, April 14, 2021
- The Columbia Missourian, "Scott Sifton talks Senate candidacy, upcoming 'tough race' for Blunt's seat," by Hannah Norton, Apr 9, 2021
- Mother Jones newsmagazine: "No, Eric Greitens Was Never 'Exonerated' of Sexual Misconduct," by Madison Pauley, April 2, 2021
- Jezebel webzine, "Well Look Who It Is," by Molly Osberg, 4/02/21
- KAIT-TV ABC-8 , "Greitens discusses political past, present, future as he enters U.S. Senate race," by Kathy Sweeney, April 1, 2021
- eMissourian.com, "State seeks to cut Amtrak services," by Ethan Colbert, Mar 31, 2021
- The Missouri Times, "Kehoe: 'It's our time to give back to Missourians'," by Cameron Gerber, March 29, 2021
- NBC News , "Eric Greitens, former Missouri governor who resigned amid multiple scandals, to run for Senate," by Ben Kamisar, March 22, 2021
- >Newsmax, "MAGA Defender Eric Greitens Should Bring Navy SEAL Leadership to US Senate," by Bernard Kerik, 12 March 2021
- American Economics Liberty Project (EconomicLiberties.US), "Lucas Kunce," downloaded 3/10/21
- The Hill e-zine, "Democratic Marine veteran jumps into Missouri Senate race after Blunt retirement," by Tal Axelrod, 03/09/21
- Huffington Post, "Marine Veteran Launches Missouri Senate Bid After Roy Blunt Retirement," by Kevin Robillard, 03/09/2021
- The American Prospect, "The National-Security Case for Decarbonization," by Lucas Kunce, February 10, 2021
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "South County Democrat Scott Sifton launches bid for U.S. Senate," by Jack Suntrup, Feb 8, 2021
- St. Louis Public Radio, "Former Missouri Lawmaker Scott Sifton Seeks U.S. Senate Seat Held By Roy Blunt," by Jonathan Ahl, February 8, 2021
- CBS Meet the Press interview of Sen. Roy Blunt, January 10, 2021
- Riverfront Times, "Hartmann: The Disgraceful Duplicity of Eric Schmitt," by Ray Hartmann, Dec. 14, 2020
- The American Prospect, "The China Hack and How to Reverse It," by Lucas Kunce, December 9, 2020
- Fulton Sun, "Missouri lieutenant governor candidates talk key issues," Sep. 12, 2020
- The Jewish Daily Forward, "'They are bullies'--rabbi who confronted Mark and Patricia McCloskey speaks out," by Rob Eshman, August 24, 2020
- KMOV-4-CBS, "McCloskeys owe nearly $25,000 in unpaid property taxes," Aug 20, 2020
- Chicago Booth School Stigler Center (ProMarket.org), "Tech Monopolies Are the Reason the US Now Has a TikTok Problem," by Lucas Kunce, August 7, 2020
- Jefferson City News Tribune, "More outreach and promotion for state arts council, including to veterans homes," Dec. 1, 2019
- Northwest Missourian, "Missouri Lieutenant Governor visits Northwest College Republicans, discusses higher education funding," by Samantha Collison, Nov 13, 2019
- Springfield News-Leader, "Kehoe stops in Springfield and talks 2020 run, school start dates, special session," by Austin Huguelet, 9/26/19
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Greitens uses religion, women as political tools," by Stacey Newman, Jun 14, 2017
- Newsweek magazine, "Abortion in America: Missouri's Republican Governor Renews Attempt to Tighten Abortion Laws," by Sofia Lotto Persio, 6/8/17
- St. Louis Jewish Light, "Q&A with Eric Greitens, who will be first Jewish governor of Missouri," by Gabe Friedman, Nov 11, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Eric Schmitt: Reinstate rule banning abortion referrals with federal funds.
Eric Schmitt: Appealed abortion decision, asks to overturn Roe v. Wade.
Mike Kehoe: Missouri has moved the needle in protecting life.
Mike Kehoe: Most innocent person you can protect is in the womb.
Eric Greitens: Called for public prayer supporting anti-abortion centers.
Eric Greitens: Overturn law making St. Louis into "abortion sanctuary city".
Budget & Economy|
Scott Sifton: Economic growth requires investments in infrastructure.
Lucas Kunce: Abandon the notion that the market is an untouchable force.
Lucas Kunce: Acknowledge policy role in market successes.
Mark McCloskey: Sued to enforce unmarried couple rule against gay couple.
Vicky Hartzler: Supported clerk refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.
Vicky Hartzler: Opposed transgender soldiers service & Equality Act.
Eric Schmitt: 1964 Civil Rights law doesn't protect LGBT people.
Eric Greitens: Stood with cops; restored law and order; defeated Antifa.
Lucas Kunce: We need to break the oppressive corporate monopoly structure.
Lucas Kunce: Corporate self-interest gave China control of supply chain.
Eric Schmitt: Launched Cold Case Unit, testing backlog of rape kits.
Mark McCloskey: Pardoned by Governor Mike Parson; praised by Trump.
Eric Greitens: The defund-the-police movement has led to rising violence.
Eric Greitens: OpEd: most pro-police governor in the country.
Roy Blunt: Riot: Trump touched hot stove, unlikely to touch it again.
Mike Kehoe: Against policies that raise taxes, defund police departments.
Eric Schmitt: No evidence of increased threats towards school officials.
Lucas Kunce: Universities rely on full-paying Chinese STEM students.
Mike Kehoe: Arts not a cure-all, but can give young people alternatives.
Mike Kehoe: Fund higher education as long as they're producing.
Mike Kehoe: Bar schools reopening more than 14 days before Labor Day.
Energy & Oil|
Lucas Kunce: Ditch all fossil fuels the same way we ditched whale oil.
Lucas Kunce: Impact of climate change taxes the military.
Lucas Kunce: We can build the energy of the future in the Heartland.
Eric Schmitt: Condemns EPA rule as "federal government land grab".
Eric Schmitt: Opposes EPA move to increase emissions standards.
Eric Greitens: Cut $500,000 in funding for state rail service from Amtrak.
Families & Children|
Eric Greitens: Greitens was never "exonerated" of sexual misconduct.
Lucas Kunce: Reliance on Chinese manufacturing is dangerous.
Lucas Kunce: Transfer costs of offshoring to China to corporations.
Scott Sifton: We raise our hands for voting rights, not insurrection.
Eric Schmitt: Opposed charging couple brandishing guns at BLM protestors.
Billy Long: Notion of mandates straight out of the communist handbook.
Vicky Hartzler: Chinese military threat is real, Biden cuts defense budget.
Vicky Hartzler: Defense budget should invest in future capabilities.
Lucas Kunce: Focused on impact of consolidation on national security.
Lucas Kunce: Attracting educated immigrants transfers wealth to US.
Scott Sifton: Eliminate workplace discrimination, raise the minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Billy Long: Biden and Harris should resign.
Billy Long: I'm not a politician; I'm a congressman.
Billy Long: Voted against removing Confederate statues from Capitol.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted against removing Confederate statues from Capitol.
Scott Sifton: Championed strong ethics rules for legislators.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted for Trump efforts over 95% of the time.
Vicky Hartzler: Benefitted from farm subsidies she voted for.
Vicky Hartzler: Voted against certifying Biden's Electoral College victory.
Scott Sifton: Supported impeachment of then-governor Eric Greitens.
Mike Kehoe: I'm a true Missourian who's never lived anywhere else.
Scott Sifton: Promote truth and equality; trust science.
Scott Sifton: Protect the social safety net which matters to everyone.
Mark McCloskey: Owe nearly $25,000 in St. Louis property taxes.
Lucas Kunce: Tech giants structurally unable to defend American interests.
War & Peace|
Lucas Kunce: Intervene for self-defense, and then we need to leave.
Eric Greitens: Jewish education inspired him to serve in Bosnia.
The above quotations are from 2022 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)