Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN Kfile (number of quotes indicated):
- Bernie Sanders (5) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (2) Texas Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from TX
- Beto O'Rourke (3)
- Cindy Hyde-Smith (1) Republican candidate for Mississippi U. S. Senator Mississippi
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Elizabeth Warren (1) Massachusetts Senator
- Joe Biden (3) Democratic V.P.
- John Delaney (4) Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- Kamala Harris (2) California Democratic candidate for President; California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (4) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Pete Buttigieg (3) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Tulsi Gabbard (6) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
CNN's KFile digs up past statements which contrast with current statements from the same politicians.
The KFiles then asks the politican to explain their evolution or self-contradiction; OnTheIssues excerpts both the original statement (which is often long-hidden from public view) and the current explanation.
The KFiles focus on presidential contenders but also cover elected politicians, Cabinet members, and so on. Citations:
- "Beto O'Rourke in 2012 said charter schools were a good idea," by Eric Bradner & Andrew Kaczynski, April 4, 2019
- "Gillibrand signed 2008 amicus brief in support of overturning DC handgun ban," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 26, 2019
- "O`Rourke in 2012 said the US had an 'extravagant government',", by Andrew Kaczynski and Paul LeBlanc, March 19, 2019
- "Sanders in the 1970s urged nationalization of most major industries," by Andrew Kaczynski and Nathan McDermott, March 14, 2019
- "Takeaways from CNN's 2020 town halls at South by Southwest," by Eric Bradner and Dan Merica, March 11, 2019
- "Gabbard says deploying to the Middle East changed her views on LGBT rights," Eric Bradner, March 10, 2019
- "Biden in 1993 warned of 'predators on our streets'," by Andrew Kaczynski, March 7, 2019
- "Kamala Harris mischaracterizes policy on undocumented juveniles," by Nathan McDermott and Andrew Kaczynski, February 27, 2019
- "Trump's pick to lead the World Bank once described himself as 25-year opponent to the institution," by Andrew Kaczynski, February 14, 2019
- "Gillibrand went from pushing for more deportations to wanting to abolish ICE," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 31, 2019
- "Gillibrand: Previous immigration stances weren't 'empathetic'," by Devan Cole, January 20, 2019
- "Gabbard once touted working for anti-gay group that backed conversion therapy," by Andrew Kaczynski, January 17, 2019
- CNN KFile, "Hyde-Smith pushed resolution praising Confederate soldier's effort to 'defend his homeland'," by Eric Bradner and A.Kaczynski, Nov. 26, 2018
- "Republican accuses Democratic challenger of being OK with 'treason'," by Devan Cole, October 16, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tulsi Gabbard: My time in the military changed my anti-gay views.
Tulsi Gabbard: I never personally supported gay conversion therapy.
Tulsi Gabbard: Early 2000s: supported father's antigay rights group.
Tulsi Gabbard: Actively supports equal rights on LGBTQ+ issues.
Bernie Sanders: 1976: I favor the public ownership of utilities & banks.
Bernie Sanders: 1970s: State should take over utilities without compensation.
Bernie Sanders: 1976: Relocating businesses must pay; for public ownership.
Joe Biden: 1993: Don't care why "predators" act; put them in jail.
Joe Biden: 1994 Crime Bill got help for first time offenders, not jail.
Joe Biden: Harsh sentences for crack were a mistake; worked to rectify.
Beto O'Rourke: 2102: charters are a good idea tdat encourage competition.
Beto O'Rourke: Wife Amy headed a dual-language charter school.
Beto O'Rourke: My kids attend public schools; keep charters accountable.
Elizabeth Warren: Proposed all-voucher education; now opposes charters.
Energy & Oil|
John Delaney: Bipartisan carbon tax bill, but not the Green New Deal.
John Delaney: Don't believe Putin about Russian 2016 election interference.
Donald Trump: Nominates opponent of World Bank to lead World Bank.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2008: signed amicus brief to overturn DC handgun ban.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2009: Fight gun violence; 2010: "F" rating from NRA.
Bernie Sanders: 1970s: For socialized medicine, public drug companies owned.
Tulsi Gabbard: End this new cold war and nuclear arms race.
Kamala Harris: 2008: Supported SF policy reported arrested juveniles to ICE.
Kamala Harris: Reform system, against "vanity project" of border wall.
Kirsten Gillibrand: In House, took hardline for border security, ICE funding.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Hadn't understood issues, changed views in Senate.
Principles & Values|
John Delaney: Independently wealthy but grew up in a blue collar family.
Pete Buttigieg: Yes, young, but more government experience than Pres. Trump.
Cindy Hyde-Smith: Promoted resolution celebrating Confederacy.
Beto O`Rourke: 2012: Protect retirees, but make changes for the future.
Beto O`Rourke: 2012: Maybe raise age; 2019: Against raising age.
Bernie Sanders: 1974: 100% tax over $1 million.
War & Peace|
Pete Buttigieg: Don't let Iraq war supporters plan Venezuela invasion.
Tulsi Gabbard: U.S. government lied to American people to launch Iraq War.
Welfare & Poverty|
John Delaney: Social justice is fine, but separate church and state.
Pete Buttigieg: Scripture is about protecting the stranger and the poor.
The above quotations are from CNN Kfile
The leading investigation team for the social, mobile generation.