This page lists memberships in organizations, for elected officials.
Each organization determines its own rules for membership.
Decided Mar 2, 2011
Membership Roster: of the House Committee on Homeland Security
Source: U.S. House of Representatives website, www.house.gov
The House Committee on Homeland Security conducts oversight and handles legislation related to the security of the United States. The committee may amend, approve, or table (kill) homeland security related bills. It also has the power to hold hearings, conduct investigations, and subpoena witnesses. Additionally, the committee has authorization and policy oversight responsibilities over the Department of Homeland Security.
The committee organized itself into six subcommittees, with each focusing on different aspects of security:
- Subcommittee on Border, Maritime and Global Counterterrorism
- Subcommittee on Intelligence, Information Sharing, and Terrorism Risk Assessment
- Subcommittee on Transportation Security and Infrastructure Protection
- Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity, and Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Emergency Communications, Preparedness, and Response
- Subcommittee on Management, Investigations, and Oversight
- Topic: Homeland Security
- Headline: Member of House Committee on Homeland Security
- Headline 2: Chair of House Committee on Homeland Security
- Headline 3: Leader of House Committee on Homeland Security
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 11-HC-HSC
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: