This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on Mideast intervention
Source: Political Courage Test
The Project Vote Smart Voter Guide inferred how candidates would respond to the question, 'National Security: Do you support increased American intervention in Iraq and Syria beyond air support?'
Project Vote Smart notes, "in response to the increasing unwillingness of candidates to answer issue questions, Project Vote Smart has researched Congressional candidates' public records to determine candidates' likely responses on certain key issues. These issue positions, from the year 2016, are provided [for candidates who] refused to provide voters with positions on key issues covered by the 2016 Political Courage Test, despite repeated requests. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their parties and advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the AFA survey question on Islamic threats and the AFA survey question on the War on Terror.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 17.
Question 17: Avoid foreign entanglements
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: War & Peace
- Headline: Supports American intervention in Mideast beyond air support
- Headline 2: Opposes American intervention in Mideast beyond air support
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 16PVS_Q17
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: